Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Writer's Digest Contest

My friend Sam told me last night about a writing contest at Writer's Digest. I guess they have one every month. He's been doing the contest and encouraged me to submit a short story (750 words or less). The contest gives you a prompt and then away you go.

I sat down this morning and wrote it out. Bam! 750 words exactly (after a little editing...it was 808 words!) I submitted it and man, don't I feel good. I killed two birds with one stone today. Wrote for an hour (with plenty of kid-type interruptions), and submitted it to the contest. I doubt anything will come of it, but it was fun.

On another topic, today is day 2. I lost 1.5 lbs! I'm almost done with my first liter of water. I'm hoping to get through both liters today. I have to work tonight, so it should be easy to keep the water flowing. I had an awesome 2-egg omelette this morning. I put cheddar, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes into it. It was definitely filling. It must be close to lunch. I'm actually starting to feel like I want to eat something sweet. I'm resisting!

Time to pick up this apartment. When we got home on Sunday, I just dropped things and left them lay. But now, it's hard to maneuver. And the mess is driving me nuts. At least if I'm busy with that, I won't be focused on my craving for sweets. :)

No comments: