Monday, September 21, 2009

I Want A Treadmill...

Yes, I want a treadmill. We're in DC this week and I used the treadmill in the fitness center tonight. No shin pain, no calf pain and my foot didn't fall asleep. It was so pleasurable to run tonight, I wanted to keep going. But I knew if I did, I'd never go to sleep tonight. :)

I've been keeping up with my running. I'm now up to 15 minutes of running. I'm continuing to start out with five minutes of walking, then 15 minutes of running, another five minutes of walking, another 15 of running, five of walking, five to ten of running and then I cool down with ten to twelve minutes of walking.

I'm totally in love with running. I can completely see why people love to do it. You burn a ton of calories, you feel great when you're doing it, you feel even better when you're done and it's just awesome. I also feel good about giving Ben and Madi a healthier influence.

As I said above, I've been having problems with my shins and my foot. When we get home, I'm going to go to a sports store and get a pair of running shoes. I'm hoping it'll help with the foot issue. I'm not sure what to do about my shins. I've done some research and I'm hoping it's not shin splints. Running on the treadmill was awesome. I didn't have any trouble with anything tonight.

So, tonight's workout was my best yet. 65 minutes total, 418.2 calories burned, 3.99 miles. I think I'll be in good shape for that 10k next spring!!

:)

2 comments:

Lala said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lala said...

back in the day when i was athletic, i ran competitively... to AVOID shin splints, i would wrap my shins with some tape (sport tape) & it worked like a charm.